BA/LLB (UQ), Grad Dip Legal Prac. (QIT)
Commercial Litigation Compensation & Injury Law Employment Law General Litigation Land Access & Mining Planning & Environment
Ian Dempster is a Senior Associate at Wonderley & Hall who heads up the firm’s commercial litigation team. Ian has more than 30 years of legal experience developed during many years of running his own practice in Longreach and more recently practising in Toowoomba.
Ian’s clients appreciate his engaging and forthright manner as well as the strategic way in which he conducts all his matters. He is a tenacious legal advocate for his clients and enjoys the satisfaction of protecting and advancing their rights and interests to achieve the best possible result for them.
Ian advises clients when disputes arise across a diverse range of issues and legal areas including:
- contract disputes
- partnership disputes
- estate and power of attorney disputes
- intellectual property and copyright infringement
- environment, town planning and land use issues
- compensation matters across workplace, traffic and other injuries and criminal compensation
- regulatory prosecutions including liquor & gaming, environment and workplace health & safety
Ian enjoys membership of the Melbourne Cricket Club as well as Toowoomba’s famous Downs Club. In 2004 he received a Recognition of Service from Legal Aid Queensland.