Call 07 4637 5472
BA/LLB (UQ), Grad Dip Legal Prac. (QIT)
- Commercial Litigation
- Contesting Estates
- Compensation & Injury Law
- Employment Law
- General Litigation
- Land Access & Mining Law
- Planning & Environment Law
Ian Dempster is a Senior Associate at Wonderley & Hall who heads up the firm’s commercial litigation team. Ian has more than 35 years of legal experience, developed over many years of running his own practice in Longreach, and more recently, practising in Toowoomba.
Clients appreciate Ian’s engaging and forthright manner, as well as the strategic way in which he conducts all his matters. He is a tenacious legal advocate for his clients and enjoys the satisfaction of protecting and advancing their rights and interests to achieve the best possible result for them.
Ian advises clients when disputes arise across a diverse range of issues and legal areas including:
- contract disputes
- partnership disputes
- estate (wills and trusts) and power of attorney (compensation) disputes
- employment law (unfair dismissal and adverse action claims, employment contract disputes)
- intellectual property and copyright infringement
- environment, town planning and land use issues
- compensation matters involving workplace, traffic and other injuries and criminal compensation
- regulatory prosecutions including liquor & gaming, environment and workplace health & safety
Ian enjoys membership of the Melbourne Cricket Club as well as Toowoomba’s famous Downs Club. In 2004 he received a Recognition of Service from Legal Aid Queensland.